Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Journals and Book Making

Journals are a great way to protect memories! I'm experimenting with different types of journals created from fimo clay, stoneware, sterling silver, and copper journals. Creating these books is inspiring.


I'm working with handmade papers, vintage papers, and adding watercolor papers to the journals. Going to my favorite antique store has lead me to discover unique and interesting books to alter, from prose to art history books. I bring the cool ones home and cut out poems, save pages, and photos. My collection is growing and includes an awesome poetry dictionary from 1870.


I'm wondering who else is enjoying journaling? I love writing and jotting down art ideas in my journals. Oh yes, and I always carry a journal to jot down ideas! Do you carry a journal? Is it handmade?

3 comments:

  1. Sherrie! Welcome to Blogger and your blog looks awesome, love the Etsy link and I love, love, love my journal necklace!! Thank you so much it's awesome and so are you. You're so creative and have a lot a terrific ideas for your work. Love the photo of you throwing outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I finally got the wizards to work and found Spotify to put music up. Spotify is free. I'm so glad you like your journal necklace! I love making them and love using them for ideas and notes. The photo Faith took! Throwing outside is such a wonderful experience because your one with nature. I can hear the birds, kitty visits me, and it's so relaxing! No mess to clean up either. The down side is bringing the wheel outside, it's heavy and I don't want it to get rained on. Rain, we sure need it! How many journals do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many that they are stored away. Them and sketchbooks!!

      Delete